Feb 14, 2008

“The great affair is to move”

Like R.L. Stevenson, I’ve been on the move lately. Many miles and much more have passed since the last entry. This is an attempt to play catch up with all that is unfolding these days.

In preparation for an upcoming wedding, my close friends and I went to New Orleans to take part in the MardiGras festivities and to give our man MFK a proper bachelor party send-off. I do believe it was a success, but I must admit that I didn’t see any of these.. Photobucket

If you are like us, you can sip on your favorite beverages while you watch the scenery pass by or you can catch up on some zzzzs.
In order to commemorate this wonderful event, I was asked by MFK, the bachelor himself, to capture the spirit of the trip in image. Here is what I came up with:

Photobucket


San Diego

After a weekend full of many moments the great Gonzo himself would have been proud of, we traveled back home and each made it to our respective destinations. The long train ride back to Bham was a wonderful way to catch up on some sleep.
The next morning I had to catch an early flight out to the left coast in support of a tradeshow for work. The weather in San Diego was very welcomed. Unfortunately, on two wonderful trips to two great cities I was extremely limited on taking any photos since (as mentioned previously) all of my equipment was stolen in December. I’m still trying to piece together another collection of cameras, but Im not there yet. If anyone has the burning desire to donate cheese or cameras to a starving artist, hit me up.

Asian Dub

Photobucket

I’ve always been attracted to patterns and they seem to be everywhere at the moment. I created this islamic arrow pattern after finding the original shape in a math scribble. Once I completed the overall pattern, I changed the hue and let it marinate for a few days. Here is what I came up with to compliment the pattern. It’s very minimalist, with a touch of Japan on the side or would that be the middle?


TtV

As I mentioned above, I’m currently rebuilding my camera collection after it was stolen from me around Christmas. In an effort to collect funds, I’m selling off my 35mm collection to try and gain some funds for a new DSLR.
In my most recent digs, I’ve run across the TtV group on flickr and have fallen in awe with the process. I just purchased a Kodak Duaflex to start experimenting with the process. I am a huge fan of toy camera photography, especially with the Holga. This led me to the images in the TtV group. I was actually turned onto this group from a fellow artist on dripbook (URL). Check out some of the work for yourself and send me your best TtV fotos for pondering and discussion.